TPT Challenge Week 2



       If you've been following the Teachers Pay Teachers challenge, then you know that this weeks task is to "dream big".  What would be our pie in the sky goals for our TPT stores?  Seems like a simple enough question, but for me to answer it took a lot of thought. 
       I never really thought about "why" I wanted to become a seller on TPT... it kinda just seemed like the thing to do!  When I moved down to first grade a few years ago I was coming from having taught 5th grade for many years, we were in between curriculums, and all the stuff that was left behind for me was fairly outdated.  I started scouring the internet for inspirations and came across several blogs. Girls like Cara Carroll over at The First Grade Parade and Reagan Tunstall over at Tunstalls Teaching Tidbits felt like my long lost colleagues.  I saw a lot of myself in them from their teaching style to the products they provided, and they were a great source of inspiration that first year of 1st grade.  That being said, they were also kind of the "gateway drug of the blogging world" lol.  I discovered so many more wonderful blogs and sellers on TPT this year that it can be inspirationally overwhelming! I've encountered so many wonderful educators that I really connect with that I decided when grad school was over I would stop "warming the bench" and attempt to join their ranks.  
        While I am no where near that level of digital awesomeness yet, I love the creative outlet that blogging and selling on TPT provides.  I am having so much fun this summer hanging out at home spewing creativity, I just can't wait to see where it takes me!


Obviously earning some extra income for my family would be great, but I'm not in it for that.  Like the majority of you out there we could always use a few extra bucks for something!

I would love for someone to get the feeling I've gotten many times on TPT: "perfect! Thats just what I need!"  I really enjoy the creative outlet that TPT provides and I hope to inspire other educators out there!

In order to do the above as a seller you need to bring your "A- game".  Especially with how much larger the marketplace has gotten.  I love the challenge of staying current and relevant in this profession.

Another goal of mine that I did not include in my graphic is to attend the SDE conference in Vegas.  Watching all of the excitement unfold on social media has the jealousy juices flowing just a teensy bit ;)  It seems like such an amazing teacher meet up!  Coincidentally, my husband has been talking a lot about going to Vegas for our first big "away from the kids" vacation... sounds like SDE Vegas 2016 to me haha!





1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking so many of the same things! I love that it helps keep me current and that I can be creative and other teachers are even interested in what I have to offer.
    :)

    ReplyDelete