Five for Friday


Linky Party over at Doodle Bugs Teaching

Well, I started this post a few hours ago... and then Blab.im happened. So here I am, late Friday night trying to finish it up!  This one will probably be short, sweet and to the point!

1
On Sunday I had the pleasure of attending a MOPS retreat to plan this coming year.  It is always nice to get a day away from the stresses of motherhood and spend some quality time with other awesome moms, especially as we come up for new ideas for our MOPS group.  Would you look at this adorable table scape that was created for our luncheon?  The best part was that it overlooked a beautiful scenic MN lake.

No detail was left out!  I loved our rustic mason jar glasses and drink charms!


2
I snagged these babies this week... and immediately made several new teachers smell the stinky cheese marker ;)  I'm kinda obsessed with all of them... especially the nacho cheese one lol.

3
Being a teachers kid means helping in the classroom over the summer.  I thought we would make it some special "back to school" time and treated us to breakfast! She was pretty excited about it!

4
Of course there was also social media!  It was hard to start making the adjustment towards "school life" and not focus so much on my social media life.  I did get some Periscope and Blab time in though, don't worry- Here is a screen shot of the PeriscOprah Sheila Jane... notice Angie Olson and I geeking out a little bit over teachers in MN :) 

5
And last but not least... I've finally made some progress on my classroom this week!

Dusted off the old laminating machine and started getting my seafoam green decor ready!

Got my word wall up- loving how it looks in person!


The best moment was realizing that I had a whole bunch of washi taped decor that matched my theme  for this year!  Here is my display for student work!


I'm LOVING how my sink area looks!



This week will be full of a lot of PD and trying to get my room in order- I'm sure I'll be stressed to the max!  We have 2 more weeks until school starts and there is a lot to be done.  I hope that all your back to school festivities are going well!


7 comments:

  1. Oh the life of a teacher's kid! My kids were cutting out laminated things all week! The breakfast looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't trust mine to cut my laminated items out yet hahaha :) It was her first time ever going to IHOP lol

      Delete
  2. I'm so thankful for the MOPS group in our town. They leave little treats in the teachers' lounge with kind letters letting us know they're praying for us. My kids love to come to school, and I'm so glad. They help some, but they mostly just read and play with blocks and indoor recess toys. Your room is looking great!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan! I'm at the point with my room where I am starting to get excited about it rather than dreading stepping foot in it. Can't wait to show everyone the final product :)

      Delete
  3. Sure looks like you had a fun and productive week! :) Being a teacher's kid can't be so bad with incentives like that yummy pancake stack!

    Have a good weekend!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lindsey! Thought I'd stop on over to your blog:) Your daughter is adorable! I have a one-year-old and can't wait until she's old enough to come and help in the classroom, but I definitely want to treasure her baby days too, being a mom is so conflicting, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many awesome Minnesota bloggers aren't there?! I lived there for 6 years- everywhere from Mankato to Shakopee to Inver Grove Heights. It makes me miss it-- hearing about the lake near your MOPS meeting- then I have a flashbacks of those winters. :D I think your room is coming along nicely-- seems like there are some neutrals to smooth out the blue! :)

    -Jessica
    aka
    The Whimsical Teacher

    ReplyDelete