Work it Wednesday


Hello!  I'm linking up with Katie King, Queen of the First Grade Jungle, for "Work it Wednesday"!  Katie created this summer linky for reflection on her journey back to fitness.  If you're looking for a little inspiration along your own journey definitely make sure you follow her other instagram kking_fit_mommy the girl is rockin' it at the fitness thing right now!  Seeing her posts and knowing that she just had a c- section 6 weeks ago (baby #3 I might add) definitely makes you think twice about that (insert delicious but not the best for you item here) and do a few push ups!

Her journey reminds me a lot of my own just after I had baby #2 3 years ago.  I am not a big girl, but courtesy of my husbands genetics I make big babies.  Here I am just shy of 32 weeks pregnant with baby #2.... he ended up coming via emergency c- section (We were having a planned cesarean but I went into labor) at 38 weeks... thats right, I lasted 6 more weeks after this photo was taken- but couldn't take any more pics because my whole belly didn't fit in my mirror!

On his birthday baby boy weighed 10lbs 5oz... and I weighed 212 (before kids I weighed 125 :-/).  The icing on the cake was the fact that I was a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding just 5 months after my due date.  The wedding was out of state and we had to totally guess on my dress size because they had to be ordered way in advance.  Game on.
Like Katie, as soon as I felt able I started slowly but surely.  By the time the wedding rolled around I was down to 150lbs and my dress even needed to be taken in!  I continued along this awesome journey until grad school started.  Stress, late nights, etc. caused some of the lbs to creep back on.  Due to my schedule/ school/ my husbands schedule I had to put my dates with the gym on the back burner until school was done.  Which it finally is!

To jumpstart things I am doing the 21 Day Fix.  I love everything about this program!  I tried it out back in April and had some great success, even without doing it with fidelity.  If you are looking for something to jumpstart your fitness journey, or to try something different I highly suggest it!




There are even a ton of great recipes and other ideas on Pinterest.  These helped out a lot when trying to plan family dinners with adjustments for myself.  I just started week 2 today- I'm already down 2lbs, and an inch off my waist (I will be honest and say that I cheated once or twice in the first week).  

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE my Fitbit!  I splurged and went with the Charge HR for my birthday.  I love the data that I get from it, and it is significantly more accurate than any of the other ones I have tried out.  I have had it since January, and I see a long future for our relationship ;)


My Fitbit accompanied with My Fitness Pal on my phone really help me keep track of my progress (or lack thereof).  After the 21 Day Fix is over I will be focusing more on weight training which is how I really prefer to spend my gym time.  I look forward to linking up again next week to let you know how it is going!


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your post! HOLY COW- I thought I made big babies! You take the cake for sure! Will you comment on one of my insta pictures so I can follow you?!?! THanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I will leave you a comment as well, but my insta is @linds0120 :)

      Delete
  2. Look at that baby bump! It's precious.

    The last month or two were a bit stressful for me and I found myself giving into all those freebies that just kept appearing in the teacher's lounge. I am now reaping what I sowed. I do love my workouts though. The food part is rough. Maybe I'll check out the 21 Day Fix as a jumpstart.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader….

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd a friend trying the 21 Day Fix and she really liked it too. I need to check out Pinterest for some of the recipes. I want a fitbit or a polar watch! I just can't decide on which one.

    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete