Five for Friday


Happy Friday  Saturday morning everyone!  I know that many of you have started your summer vacation already, but I still have one more week left.  Many more of my teacher friends go well into the end of June... my thoughts are with you.  We are holding it together with some very thin thread over in my neck of the woods, next week is sure to be interesting!  Here are some random moments from my week:

1
I don't know if it was because this weekend was Memorial Day weekend, aka the official summer kickoff or what but it was certainly a weekend filled with yummy indulgences!  Between the first gooey s'more of summer and a childhood throwback for my kids, I definitely indulged a little (a little too much- but I loved every bite).  I'm sure it wasn't stress related at all ;-)


2
And then there was this...

I'm pretty sure this was a sign that I should use up the rest of my sick days and start my summer early... but I chose to take hubby's car and head into work.  After all, I wouldn't want to miss out on all the end of the year assessments (said no teacher ever)!  What a way to start the week.


3
On Tuesday we celebrated my high school assistant's upcoming graduation.  Anna was randomly assigned to my room in September as part of a work study program and she quickly became an integral member of our classroom.  I honestly couldn't have made it through the year without her assistance.  


4
Wednesday was my own peanut's last day of first grade.  She had a wonderful year with a great teacher!  And she is already going crazy with summer boredom haha.  Its amazing how much they change over the course of a year!





5
We finally got confirmation this week of our classroom assignments for next year.  The majority of my gigantic school (900 students, K-5) is moving classrooms in our attempt to try something different for next year.  It is a big shakeup and we're all relieved to at least know where we are headed- since we need to be packed up and moved between June 5th and 9th (insert screams here).  This is my 5th year in a row packing and moving either schools or rooms... uff-da (as they say here in MN).  My head is spinning with what to do with my new space.  The storage seems adequate but the room itself is small.  And then theres the color... I am not in love with how bright of a blue it is.  I would LOVE to hear your thoughts/ ideas!!  



Also don't mind the mess!  The teacher who is in it now is also desperately trying to pack/ organize and this pic was taken on Friday afternoon ;)  One nice thing is that I am going from a room that is original to the building (circa 1965) to a room that is in the new wing, built 2 years ago... and its air-conditioned ;) :) 


Well thats about it for my week.  Next week I will be posting about some of our fun end of the year activities so stay tuned!  I'll leave you with one last picture that made me laugh... I attempted to take a  cool "Friday morning on my way to work selfie" and ended up with this:

A prime example of exhausted end of the year teacher, as well as BRF "B*&cy resting face" lol.  


Have a great week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment