Five for Friday


It has been a pretty uneventful week around here since I have been on spring break all week, which is quite alright with me!  

1
I have spent a very large majority of my time working on this little baby.  I have just about 8 weeks left of graduate school, so I thought I'd take advantage of my peace and quiet and get a majority of my capstone project done.  I am creating and Implementation Guide for Culturally Responsive Teaching... I'll have to post more about that soon!

2
Monday we spent the day at the doctors office crossing off all of our annual check ups (one of the benefits to having kids born one week apart!).  The first stop was with the allergist for my youngest.  As you can see from the picture above (taken just moments into the test) we are still going to be battling with an egg allergy :(  The good news is that he didn't react to peanuts this time!  We're just waiting on some blood work to confirm the results of the skin test, but hopefully we'll be able to cross peanut off of the once extensive list!

3

After being poked and prodded and what seemed like an eternity at the doctors offices we decided to celebrate with our first ever trip to Cherry Berry.  He was pretty darn proud of his creation, and ate every last bite (ok... mom helped a little :) ).


4

Nothing says "Spring Break" like -26 degrees!  Brrr... that was the actually air temp when I brought my oldest to school Thursday morning.  Thankfully there was a warm front moving in and the day quickly heated up (isn't it sad that I consider a high of 10 degrees to be "heating up"?).  I am SUPER excited for the 10 day forecast though.. 50 DEGREES!! Which also means that next week I will have a bunch of kids dressed for "warm weather" without coats for recess and it will be a disaster.  Oh well, at least I will get to open my windows and get out some of the nasty, stale winter air in the house :) 



5

Since spring and warm weather will eventually be coming this way I took the opportunity to head to they gym this week.  It is one of the things that I have found to be the most difficult this last year, and I really need to get back into it.  While I would certainly not classify myself as a "runner",  I really enjoy the app Couch to 5K.  It is a free 8 week training program that you do 3 days/ week for about 30- 40 minutes.  My town has a little 5k each May that I like to "run" and I've used this app for the past several years to get me ready.  

I know that many of you are just about to be starting your spring breaks next week- I hope that you have as much rest and relaxation as I did!  And if you do not get a spring break... well, I rested for you ( you can laugh at me when you're enjoying your summer break and I am still in school).  Enjoy your weekend!

-Lindsey




No comments:

Post a Comment